in my mind

A character in this reality, each of us is a character in each episode. Everyone else is watching in another reality. Who is to say what is known? What if all that is known is just perceived? Everything we know is almost everything that we have been told. If our ancestors figured their own truths, why are we not looking for our own?

-in my mind

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Letting Go

I don't know if I should cry
I new it was coming
just didn't know how, or when
10
or 10, 30
sometime between then
you said it was over

Believe it or not, I felt no change
strange
I've seen unwelcome tears
appear in situations like this
all the while, I just wish I could
make them Disaster

You said it's not working out
and you have to send me out walking
I felt no change
I wanted to cry
because that is what is normal
normal

I knew it was coming
I expected it, in fact
I said this morning, that
It'll probably be my last
day with you

Did I want it?
I may have wanted it,
in fact
I may need it
I'd admit, things are different
the love is no longer there
but I'm simple
I cannot leave
especially if I get
the frosting on the cake
I wasn't sad
I was happy
because we are all better off
better


The sun began ascending
out of the gray and white clouds
and the wet asphalt began
drying beneath my feet


AD (Priceless)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Where ever you go, leave something showing that you were once there!

Rate it, share it, and comment anonymously or with your name.

About Me

My photo
Some stories are fabricated, some stories are imaginative, some stories are not your own, and some are factual, but all are stories that is an individuals and he must share so that he feels the world part of him, not just him part of the world